- Pediatric Endocrinology: Children’s Hospital of New Orleans, Louisiana State University, LA
- Pediatrics: Children’s Hospital of New Orleans, Louisiana State University, LA. Jordan University Hospital
- École de médecine: Almustansiriyah College of Medicine, Bagdad, Iraq
Certification (s) du conseil:
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatric Endocrinology
- American Board of Clinical Lipidology
- American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
- National Board of Physicians and Surgeons/ Pediatrics
- Jordanian Board of Pediatrics
- Jordanian Board of Pediatrics Endocrinology
Mahmoud Hamdan, MD, CDE, DABOM, FAAP, FNLA
Pediatric Endocrinology, Clinical Lipidology, and Obesity Medicine
Dr. Hamdan graduated from medical school ranking in the top 15% of his class. He practiced overseas as a pediatrician for years before uprooting his family to the US. During his training overseas, he was elected to be the Chief Resident of Pediatrics Department at Jordan University Hospital. He was directly and heavily involved in teaching medical students and pediatric residents.
During his pediatric Endocrinology training at Louisiana State University he received a grant for research from the Endocrine Fellows Foundation. He then presented his research about the racial disparity in Type 1 Diabetes management nationally and internationally and published this data in prestigious medical journals. He received an award for the best Poster Presentation by a Fellow or Postdoctoral Researcher Award at Children’s Hospital of New Orleans two years in a row.
Dr. Hamdan also has an interest in weight management and obesity medicine, and is Board Certified in Obesity Medicine. Dr. Hamdan is one of the few Pediatricians, and Pediatrics Endocrinologists in the country who have such training and certification to help patients who suffer from this common complicated medical problem.
He is also Board Certified in Clinical Lipidology and manages kids and young adults with common and rare lipids (Cholesterol) disorders. He is involved with National Lipid Association, and has served on the Inter-Professional Continuing Education (ICE) Committee since 2016
In his free time, Dr. Hamdan loves to spend time outdoor with family, and loves to travel.